5kW Solar Power System: Nowadays more and more homeowners are opting to buy larger 5kw systems then 1kw, 2kw, and 3kw. This is also because a 5 kW solar system is also the minimum 5kW solar panel size you need to consider if you want to add solar batteries to your system in the future and it can cut your electricity bills by up to 70%. The solar panel size for 5kW must easily offset the power consumption of typical Australian homes.
5kW Solar Panel System Cost in Perth WA in 2023
For a good quality solar system, average solar 5kw solar system prices are between $2500 – $8000 in year 2023. A 5kw system will have 15 -18 panels depending on the size of the panel. If you are installing 275w panels then you will have 18 panels and if 330w panels then 15 panels.
The financial returns on a 5kw system are a bit complex to estimate. Some of the factors that affect this are:
Availability of Feed-in tariff
Quality of inverter and panels being installed
Consumption ratio of the energy produced by the solar. This can be as high as 70% or as low as 30%. It does depend on your usage.
Geographical location of the system and the expected daily and annual solar irradiation and cloud cover
(data source: https://www.solarchoice.net.au/blog/5kw-solar-system-price-output-return/)
- Researching: So, you have decided to go green and invest in solar. But, wait, have you done your research? You should find out information like, your current electricity usage(this can be found on your electricity bill), the optimum system for your needs in terms of kilowatts, the various options available in terms of brands, the right retailer for you and your payback time. Researching can save you lots of hassles and help you make a decision that is value for your money and peace of mind.
- Solar Retailer: There are many companies in the market and we know it can get very confusing and daunting to find out the information. Some important points that your solar retailer should tell you are.
- Based on your current usage, your requirement of a solar system ( in kilowatts)
- Government incentives and how they work
- Information about the solar inverters in Perth WA, panels and other-components that make up the solar pv system.
- Feed-intariff and how they work
- Retailer’ information
3. Post Installation: your retailer will provide you with all the post installation details of your system. This will include all the information about the products, warranties, and post-installation service and maintenance of your system.(To know more read: solar https://assets.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/documents/consumers/solar-guide-for-consumers.pdf)
Why Choose Future Solar WA for 5kW Solar Panels in Perth, Western Australia?
We strive to make alternative energy more affordable for Western Australians by offering you a simple, affordable, and reliable solar system. Whether you are a homeowner who wants to overcome rising energy costs or reduce environmental footprint, or a business owner who wants to make changes, order a free solar consultation today.
We are having experienced solar experts, designers and installers who have extensive experience and knowledge of Perth Solar. That means we can work with you to design a system that will not only meet the needs of your home or business but will continue to support you and make the biggest savings. Our assignment is to help housing and business in solar installation and reduce their electricity bills for everyone.
2023 Discount Offers Available!
5kw Solar Systems/ Panels Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. How much does a 5kw solar panel price in Year 2023?
In 2023, a high-quality 5 kW residential solar panel system can cost anywhere between $2500 to $8000. While there are cheaper options available, it is important to keep in mind that the quality of the system is often reflected in the price. Opting for a solar photovoltaic system within this price range can ensure its durability and longevity.
When making your purchase, it is also essential to consider the warranty protection provided. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, having a comprehensive warranty can provide peace of mind and maximize your investment in solar energy.
2. How Many Panels Does a 5kw Solar Panel Kit Have?
If we consider 275 standard modules, a 5 kW solar system is made up of 18 PV solar modules. However, by using a Sun Power panel with 327 W, the number of panels required can be reduced to 15.
3. Is 5kw Solar Panel Sufficient For Producing Electricity For a Household?
If you have a medium to large household with high electricity consumption, the 5 kW solar power system is an ideal choice. It is especially suitable for those with a growing family, or those who use air conditioners, pools, and other amenities that require a significant amount of energy.
4. How Much Electricity Can You Save Using a 5kw Solar Panel?
The 5 kW solar system is one of the most powerful systems available, and it can lead to savings of up to $350 per cycle on your electricity bill. While actual savings may vary, typically falling within the range of $180 to $300 per cycle, these savings are still significant enough to cover the total household energy consumption.
(Data Source: https://www.solarchoice.net.au/blog/5kw-solar-system-price-output-return/)
5. What is the Return on Investment For a 5kw Solar Panel?
Investing in a high-end, quality solar system for your home can enable your 5 kW solar system to pay for itself within just 5 years. Additionally, solar energy offers direct savings on your electricity bills, allowing you to save real money from the very first day of use. However, the amount of savings you can achieve through your solar system will depend on your electricity consumption patterns and usage habits.
To maximize your savings, it is recommended that you utilize the majority of the sun’s energy during the daytime hours. This is because the amount of money you receive for feeding energy back into the grid is significantly lower than the amount you pay for purchasing electricity from the network.